- Selving a body-rice paper costumes-1998
- ship sail 2000
- British Make-2000-2001
- eye of a needle 2002-3
- perfect mirrors-2003
- we are the environment-public project-2003
- Mahatma gandhi road, do not urinate-a site specific project-2003
- tree woman-treew alkers-2005
- flames flowers and other images-1999-2007
- Territory- 1998
- walking on hands – khadi rope installation-2009
ship sail, photographs, photocopies, thread. 2001.
Surekha’s research process at the industrial museum Bristol, led to the issues of colonial times dealing with the hidden history of slave trade. She used series of texts using photographs and photocopies stitched on to the ship sail. Surekha used the potency of the symbol in conjunction with second-hand sail-cloths to indicate Bristol’s own problematic history. This work is a product as a result of her visits to S.S. Great Britain, the Industrial Museum and the Asian immigrant community in the city, revealed the extent to which Britain’s relationship to India and Africa was bound inextricably to the slave trade and to colonialisation.